Monday, December 7, 2009

Back in Business






Once the Eid al-Ahda celebration was over, we started getting patients again. We've had several GSWs come in, mostly to the lower extremities. The taliban like to scare people by shooting them in the legs and arms for some reason. We had a Polish Hind attack helicopter crash just outside the perimeter the other day. Thankfully, there were no major injuries. I have a picture here of the Hind after they brought it in. Everything is still going well. It is starting to get a lot colder here. I have also posted some pictures of the mountains with the snow on them. I think it won't be much longer until we have some significant snow here. I appreciate all the packages that have been sent to me. I got one from ECM the other day that had a whole bunch of fruit roll ups in there. Those were very good! I also appreciate the wool socks (I use them to keep my feet warm when I run the perimeter and at night). I also love the Tennessee sweat shirt! I don't wear it except at night since the bright orange may attract a sniper since you can see it a mile away! Just kidding, but not really. The food has been great here, but I don't think I will eat at a buffet when I get home for a long time. I also miss metal silverware and real plates. I also put a picture in here of us transporting a patient to the Medivac Blackhawk. As you can see, we use a gator that has a litter carrier on the front of it. They say they are going to get us an HMMWV (Humvee) ambulance since it is getting colder, but we haven't seen that yet. Anyway, thats all for this post!




3 comments:

  1. So Maa Maa can't go to O Ryans when you get home....Miss you much...taking lunch 2 ECM 2 morrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kevo,

    You look a lot colder ..... you have on a scarf in one of the pictures. It is a lot colder here...in the 20s at night and low 40s during the day. Today and tonight have been very windy, cold and rainy...tornado watches are out right now. If it starts snowing there maybe it will slow down the activities and you will have fewer casualities. Have you heard any more about the little two year old? It sounds like you are getting some real nice packages...you are certainly missed by all of us. I saw Barry Moody at TP and he asked all about you...the hospital folks miss you a great deal. Daniel and Brandi are now officially engaged...They seem very happy...

    I love you and please stay safe and aware...
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bro,
    This is Daniel, Sorry I havn't been writing on your blog. I actually just figured out how to do it. Seems like your doing well and are making the best over there. We sure miss you here and miss that fried turkey...haha. The kids and Stacey are doing good, Brandi and I went over there on thursday to eat dinner. I finally got the wii to work so now the kids are happy! I'm sure you have heard, me and Brandi are now engaged! You can check my Facebook page and see the ring. I hope that t-shirt fits since you've been working out all the time I should of got you an XL..haha!

    Stay safe bro.

    Daniel
    PS...How you going to shoot a smiling snowman

    ReplyDelete