.jpg)
.jpg)
Well, I said yesterday it would snow soon and I was right. I went to the gym this morning and there was about 3 inches on the ground. That was about 6 hours ago and it is still snowing. Not sure how much it will be in the end. It was nice to see it. I know Madeline and Carter would love it. Here are some pictures of the snow. We also had a small snowball fight between the FST and the Navy PRT(Provincial Reconstruction Team) that was fun. The unit that I am with (452nd CSH) is from Wisconsin, so they are used to this weather. They guy with the hair st
icking out of his hat is CPT Scott Jensen. He is pretty cool to work with. I have made some great friends here. I have been blessed to have met some people that can make the best of any situation. I'm not sure if the weather will affect our trauma volume or not. The hospital in Ghazni City is very primitive and they send us civilian trauma from MVAs, etc. as well. They don't even have a functioning ventilator there. That's unimaginable in the US, especially since the population of Ghazni City is about 141,000. We were sent a pati
ent fron Ghazni Hospital yesterday for evaluation of chronic leg pain and possible amputation. It turned out that he had had some sort of trauma to his hip joint several years ago and it was never fixed properly. He now needs a total joint replacement. Being a level 2 (-) FSE facility, we can't fix it either (we could, but we don't have the hardware needed). The Ghazni Hospital solution was amputation. So, I'm not sure what will happen to him. We gave him a set of crutches and sent him on his way. Perhaps he can get to Kabul or something and get it fixed. Oh, I went outside and saw a suspicious snowman, so I shot him. See for yourself. This is what happens when you put a bunch of American soldiers with guns in t
he middle of nowhere with a war going on and it is snowing. Enjoy!
icking out of his hat is CPT Scott Jensen. He is pretty cool to work with. I have made some great friends here. I have been blessed to have met some people that can make the best of any situation. I'm not sure if the weather will affect our trauma volume or not. The hospital in Ghazni City is very primitive and they send us civilian trauma from MVAs, etc. as well. They don't even have a functioning ventilator there. That's unimaginable in the US, especially since the population of Ghazni City is about 141,000. We were sent a pati
ent fron Ghazni Hospital yesterday for evaluation of chronic leg pain and possible amputation. It turned out that he had had some sort of trauma to his hip joint several years ago and it was never fixed properly. He now needs a total joint replacement. Being a level 2 (-) FSE facility, we can't fix it either (we could, but we don't have the hardware needed). The Ghazni Hospital solution was amputation. So, I'm not sure what will happen to him. We gave him a set of crutches and sent him on his way. Perhaps he can get to Kabul or something and get it fixed. Oh, I went outside and saw a suspicious snowman, so I shot him. See for yourself. This is what happens when you put a bunch of American soldiers with guns in t
he middle of nowhere with a war going on and it is snowing. Enjoy!.jpg)
Hey Kevin,
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of the suspicious snowman and you...shoot him NOW...The snow looks like a lot of fun...Maybe Madeline and Carter will get some snow here during the holidays...Have fun and I will write you later...
I love you and be careful and aware...
Mom
(austin said) Cool pic's bro! Looks like the snow was alot of fun! How many inches did you get? I kinda like the scarf look. Was that a government issue? The helicopter didn't look to badly damaged. Glad nobody was hurt. What will they do with it now? Capt. Jensen's hair looks pretty cool. You need to bring home some of those camo sun visors. Those look awesome! Everything here is going well. Well still miss you and think of you everyday. Next week I'm on vacation. Take care and we'll talk soon. Haley says hi!!
ReplyDeletehey Kevin we miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we r going to bake cookies. cant wait till your back . ~bre~
ReplyDelete