Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Another Day



It's just another day in Afghanistan. Today, I thought I would post some pictures of the OR and ATLS area of the FST. Yesterday was Veterans Day and the day before was the Marine Corps Birthday, so we had some good chow at the DFAC. Myself and a couple of Marines and former Marines sang the Marine Corps Hymn at chow and did the traditional cake cutting for the oldest a youngest Marine present. When I was in the Marines, we did that at every birthday ball. So, that was cool. My family is doing well and time is starting to fly by. I'm fortunate to get to talk to them almost everyday. It wasn't too long ago when people were deployed here, they had limited phones, no internet or anything. The situation is improving and the telephones and internet are great for morale. I got my first package from home today and that was exciting. It's almost like opening presents for Christmas when you get something in the mail from home. BTW, I love strawberry/kiwi fruit roll ups if anyone wants to send some. Anyway, here are some pictures of the FST.

7 comments:

  1. (Austin) Dude, that's crazy!! That guy is cut open right there on the table. What were ya'll operating on? Nice OR Scrub Hat, I meant to tell you that Alabama beat Tenn 12-10 a few weeks ago. Roll Tide!! I'll see if I can find you some roll ups. That's my favorite flavor too. C-ya Kev

    ReplyDelete
  2. This patient was a local national that was shot in the abdomen that required exploration and a small bowel resection. He has done great and should recover normally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this blog a lot better than facebook. Tight quarters in the OR. Looks like your doing OK. Things here in the cul-de-sac are fine.
    I bet you've thought about hiking that mtn. in the landscape in the pictures, probably not a good idea.
    I guess you heard about The UT players in the armed robbery case. 3 Freshmen N.Richardson (5 star) J. Jackson (4 star) and a 3 star player. The players robbed 2 guy at PELLET gun point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Austin) Hey kevin, I got you some strawberry roll ups. That's all we can seem to find. We'll get your address from Stacy and ship those right over. If you start to run out just let us know!! C-ya kev!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kevo,
    It was great to hear from you this morning. We will try to find you some fruit rollups that are strawberry/kiwi flavored. I am glad time seems to be passing by rather quickly. I can see Darrin and Austin's comments to you(when I pull up the blog)but I cannot seem to figure out how to send my comments. I am going to try to send this once again. I love you and am praying for your safety and health every day.
    Mj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kevo,
    Just talking with Austin and he is going to help me make sure I can send you a message. I love you.
    Mj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea !!! It seems that I can get through to you. I have been trying to get Stacy to let her know about Thanksgiving Day. We plan to eat at 4:00 pm at our house. Tell her to come, bring the kids, and her mother and sister are welcome also. None of them need to bring anything. I have called her on her cell phone, house phone (left a message) and I sent her a text message on the cell phone.
    I am so excited that I can contact you through this blog.
    We went to chruch this morning and then ate with Paul at Captain D's. We missed eating with you ! But we have that to look forward to when you return home.
    Well, Larry is calling for me to help wash windows on the lake side of the house.
    I will contact you again later.
    I love you very much and am praying for your safety and health. Always be aware of all the things around you...
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete