Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rocket Attack






Well, today started like any other, although it is a lot colder now. We had a sandstorm yesterday evening and it turned alot colder. I did my morning workout, took a lukewarm shower, ate breakfast, called home, and went to morning report as usual. On the way to lunch, I saw an explosion about 100 meters to my right. Next thing you know, we are all in the bunkers. Mortar and rocket attacks are relatively common but they don't really hit much of anything. So, I took some pictures of us all in the bunkers. The last one shows some of my team. From left to right is LT Pena, ER RN, CPT Jensen, OR RN, CPT Roelse, FST Commander, and CPT Creel, CRNA (me!).

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kev (this is Austin), These are some really good pictures of you and your team. It's pretty cool to read, in your words, of the stages of your travel from here to your FOB in Afghanistan. That bomb shelter that your in looks uncomfortable, but I guess it's safe and that's the point, right. I look forward to seeing more pictures of you and your work. What did the govenor say to you when you met him? Like I said, this blog thing is awesome....keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bro. thats cool. but watch CPT. Jensen, he might get your foot hehehehe

    ReplyDelete